EUCOPE Office (Rue d‘Arlon 50)
Rita Clancy of Eurida Research Management and Ingemar Pongratz of Pongratz Consulting in cooperation with the European Confederation of Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs/EUCOPE are organising a two-day event on Horizon 2020 funding strategy and partnership building from February 4 – February 5. 2014 in Brussels.
The workshop will cover the following Horizon 2020 topics:
- Horizon 2020 programme structure and underlying EU strategies (Europe 2020, Innovation Union)
- Key topics in the pillars “Societal Challenges” and “Industrial Leadership”
- Future and Emerging Technologies and the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
- The role of innovative SMEs in Horizon 2020 and relevant funding opportunities
- Societal challenges in Horizon 2020 and the role of Social Innovation
- Practical approaches to SME-academia cooperation
- Successful communication and commercialisation strategies
- Legal aspects, regulations and financial rules
- Access to risk finance
You can view the workshop agenda here: En route to Horizon 2020 – Agenda in PDF
A strong focus will be put on crucial knowledge needed for building successful funding strategies in Horizon 2020.
This includes building synergies with funding schemes which complement Horizon 2020.
Therefore the workshop will include a session on complementary funding instruments where we will discuss:
- o Eurostars (esp. relevant for SMEs)
- o Innovative Medicine Initiative/IMI
- o European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing/EIP AHA
- Joint Programming Initiative Healthy Diet for a Healthy Life/JPI HDHL
The workshop will also include a networking and partnership building session. Workshop participants will get the opportunity to introduce their research and expertise and present initial ideas for EU-funded projects either in oral short presentations or posters to attract project partners or to enter existing research partnerships.
Initial project ideas can be presented and discussed with Horizon 2020 experts from Eurida Research Management, Pongratz Consulting and other funding or legal experts (see workshop speakers).
To register please fill the registration form for the Horizon 2020 training: Pongratz Consulting, Eurida Research and EUCOPE
Or contact Ingemar Pongratz: Ingemar.Pongratz(at)pongratzconsulting.com
Rita Clancy: r.clancy(at)eurida-research.com